- Performance Optimization Progress
- Rework of Overlays & Annotation CTAs
- New REST API Routes
- YouTube Channel Import
- New Email Template For Internal Communication
- Further CDN caching of static resources
- Payment Lock added as PRO feature
- External HLS playlist resolution switching
- MailChimp Integration Fixes
- Optimized application compile process
- Improved transnational Email Processing
- Whitelabeling optimizations
- Supporting coupon codes
- Pre and post roll video fixes
- Improved mobile playback
- .srt subtitle conversion to vtt
- CDN caching improvements
- Payment processing logging improvements
- Google Drive video handling
- AWS S3 Support Fixed
- Email Preview image handling fixes
- Increased file-size limite for uploads
- Improved error reporting on recording plugin errors
- API Documentation improvements
- Release of Performance Improvements
- Release of new Overlays
- Team account management
- Audio only support
April efforts focused on two enhancements, performance optimization and a rework of overlays & annotation CTAs. These are major improvements which we’ve completed and are in the final phases of testing. Read below for more details regarding this updates and expect to see them in your vooPlayer application sometime in May.
Ongoing effort to minimze the load time impact and speed with which the videos are served is starting to take shape into a major upcoming release. The effort consists of three major components
1) Lazy loading the player so page speeed time is minimally impacted. This means that vooPlayer will not load the entire player and video upfront, but instead, will load only the minimum required files and styles for previewing the video player. The entire loading process will be deffered until after user clicks on the Play Button.
2) Back-end optimization of data processing include an effort to minimize request time for providing the player with the necessary data. We’ve managed to significantly optimize these request, benchmarking the optimizations at around almost entire second, or ~.89 seconds to be preceise.
3) Further CDN caching of static resources.
This feature is currently in testing mode, but will soon become available as a BETA feature, and will be accessible from the Publish menu. Here’s a sneak-preview of it in action.
Overlays & Annotations 2.0
Taking into consideration that Overlays are vooPlayer’s most used feature by far, and up until recently probably the most difficult to take advatange of. We’ve decided to recreate the entire approach to creating CTAs in your videos. New approach leverages templates, which are conversion optimized, mobile friednly and simply look great.
To illustrate how this will add significantly more value to your videos through viewer interactions, we’ve put together this brief video as a sneak-preview of what’s to come.
YouTube Channel Import
You will be pleased to know that we’ve recently added support for importing entire YouTube channels directly into vooPlayer. This feature is available next to other Imports.
The Summary of our Q&A webinars for the month of April
We thank you for participating in our weekely Q&A Webinars. Our team appreciates your questions, suggestions and ideas and we would love to increase that interaction as much as possible because this formula works both ways, it gives us the opprtunity to talk to you and find out how we are doing and it also gives you the opportunity to get all your questions answered as well as maybe the implementation of some of your great ideas.
Below you will find a short summary and the replay links of this month’s webinars:
There were many exciting subjects including some great announcements as well as the usual questions answering time allocated for that important part of the call.
Some announcements for this week :
New Developers Joined The Team
Product Board Integration – This is great to share your feedback
Apply Player Settings To Existing Videos – Something you asked
We discussed The Product Board, Petar told you about a great new feature for Mass Uploading from YouTube and he also explained how to use it. We talked about the implementation of the templates for the Overlays and annotations, that is something that should be up and running in the next few releases. Some of your very interesting questions were answered as well
This webinar was mainly about Overlays and Annotation upcoming upgrade, it is very exciting what you will be able to do with this feature in the very near future, we can’t wait to use it either. We answered some of your questions related to the White Label, Funnels (Changing fonts and backgrounds) Petar took some time to talk about the Video page customization as well as SEO Meta Data. Great session this week as well.
Finally, we are introducing you to an all-new Overlays and Annotations with templates and many great possibilities, it is very interesting how much you will be able to do in very little time. Petar talked about the product board and reminded you to use the possibility to send us your feedback and feature suggestions, we always like to hear from you. Last but not least we answered your questions including a detailed one about the Funnels Feature.
Public Review Listings
We would still like to let you know that vooPlayer is now listed on the pages below and we would really love it if you could support us and give us a little bit of your time to do the likes, reviews and comments